This is not an official Website of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Sunday Lesson Recap

This past Sunday we received a special training from the Stake on an upcoming launch of a new emphasis on Mormon.org. Here is a basic rundown of at least what I caught!

The Leaders of our church have made the valuable decision to use money from our tithing to begin an ad campaign in our area (Spokane, Pullman, Moscow, etc) surrounding the media tool of Mormon.org and "I am a Mormon".

Purpose: to help people learn about our beliefs and dispel misunderstandings about our church and its members through the LIVES of the members of the church. (and) basically to plant seeds in peoples hearts - yet another way to learn about the Gospel!

I didn't get the exact quote or who said it, but basically, back in the day, each town had a "town square". That is where people went to learn about what important things were going on at the time, and that is where our missionaries began preaching the Gospel. In our day in age, the "town square" is the media - the internet, television, radio, etc. On Mormon.org, people can see profiles of members of the church (including ourselves) as well as explore answers to questions they may have on a variety of different subjects. Also on Mormon.org is a smattering of different television ads that will air, promoting the "I'm a Mormon" campaign.

For this reason, we as members are invited to:

-Become familiar with the website www.mormon.org

-Create a profile on mormon.org and share it with your friends and family

-Share the "I'm a Mormon" pass along card with your friends (has a reference to Mormon.org)

-Ask family and friends if they've seen the advertisements

-Answer questions that friends and family have with faith and a sincere heart. Refer those that are interested in learning more to the full-time missionaries

-Invite friends and family to do a chapel tour with you and the local missionaries

I encourage each of you to think about how and when you will be involved in this effort - if we do nothing, it will fail. It simply depends on us.

We love you, sisters! We will see you again on Sunday, if not before!

No comments: