PROJECT GROUP
When: Thursday, March 22nd at 8:00
Where: Orchard Street Building (downstairs)
WARD CARNIVAL
When: Friday, March 23rd at 6:00
Where: Stake Center
Below is the pasta salad recipe from the last activity that a lot of people were asking about.
Pasta Salad with Chicken and Sun-dried Tomatoes
1 pound pasta (I like Rigatoni) cooked, rinsed and drained
well
¾ cup toasted pine nuts
¾ cup sun-dried tomatoes in oil (drained well)
4 or 5 green onions, chopped
2-3 cups chicken (I used seared chicken that we finished in
the oven, you could use a rotisserie chicken from the store, or just grill some
breasts)
Fresh Basil to taste (I usually use about 20 leaves)
Combine together pasta, pine nuts, sundried tomatoes, green
onions and chicken. Tear Basil and add
in right before serving.
**To toast the pine nut; toast over low heat in a fry pan with
no oil. Stir constantly. Remove as soon
as you see browning happen.
Dressing:
½ cup mayonnaise
½ cup canola oil
1/3 cup Seasoned vinegar or champagne vinegrette
1 Tbs. Good Seasons Italian Dressing Mix
1/8 cup apple juice
1/8 cup water
salt
lots of fresh ground pepper
Combine all ingredients and pour over pasta salad. Sometimes when I need more dressing I add ½
cup of champagne dressing.
No comments:
Post a Comment